An easy trick to make a delicious treat!
With Halloween rapidly approaching, we're sharing how to make Monster Bark, a perfect combination of YIKES and YUM. It whips up in no time and it's ridiculously easy to make - so it's great for if you've got little ones helping you out in the kitchen! Impress all the ghoulish guests at your Halloween party with this deliciously creative sweet!
The trick to this treat is customization. You can swap out for your favorite chocolate flavors and then decorate with a fall candy mix that matches your tastes! We used candy corn, mini pretzel twists, peanuts, Halloween M&M's, and sprinkles. Some other ideas to try include: mini marshmallows, caramel drizzle, peanut butter chips, chopped Halloween candy, mixed nuts, dried cranberries, or a corn puff snack.
Halloween Monster Bark
- 2 - 4oz bars of semi-sweet chocolate (226g)
- 2 - 4oz bars of white chocolate (226g)
- Festive candies and snacks (We used candy corn, eyeball sprinkles, mini pretzel twists, peanuts, Halloween M&Ms, Halloween sprinkles.)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the semi-sweet chocolate bars into small pieces. It is strongly recommended to use chopped chocolate bars rather than chocolate chips, as chocolate bars melt better.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it to melt the chocolate. To avoid scorching, start with 30 seconds at 50% power then stir. As needed, continue in 10 second increments at 50% power (stirring in between) until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth. (You can also use a double-boiler method if you prefer.)
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the white chocolate in a separate bowl. Note that white chocolate takes slightly longer to melt than semi-sweet chocolate.
- Pour the semi-sweet melted chocolate onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread out evenly to about a quarter inch of thickness.
- Drizzle the white chocolate onto the semi-sweet chocolate.
- Use a toothpick or skewer to sirl the chocolates together. (This is a great task to assign to kids.)
- Decorate the top with candies of your choice
- Let sit at room temperature or in the refrigerator for about an hour. Once it has cooled, break or cut the bark into pieces. Then enjoy!
Check out the full candy private label selection available at Lehi Valley!