Why Freshness Matters in Quality Wholesale Nuts
Are you looking for the freshest nuts to stock up your shelves? Read on for an in-depth guide to ensuring freshness in your wholesale nut supply, from sourcing top-quality products to understanding storage and handling requirements.
Learn What Factors Affect Quality and Freshness.
When buying in bulk, it’s important to understand what factors affect the quality and freshness of your wholesale nuts. Nut quality is affected by many different things like the type of nut, storage conditions, processing, packaging, and time. Temperature control is especially important as heat can accelerate spoilage. Additionally, oxidation can destroy omega-3 fatty acids in certain types of nuts, so ensuring there’s no air inside the containers will help maintain the quality.
At Lehi Valley, we purchase our nuts from only the highest quality suppliers. Enhancements to nuts such as roasting & salting, carmelizing, etc. are all done in-house, fresh-to-order. What does this mean?
- The nuts are always in a monitored and stable environment. They don't have to pass through multiple facilities and thus risk exposure during transport.
- After the nuts are roasted or candied, they're immediately packaged, for maximum freshness.
- Our nuts are created in small batches when you order - meaning they don't sit on shelves in a warehouse for extended periods of time before reaching your store.
How to Store Nuts for Maximum Freshness?
Picking a quality supplier is only half of the battle, though. To ensure your customers receive the freshest wholesale nuts, proper storage is key. The shelf life varies based on the type of nut and how it has been prepared. Here are some tips to prolong the shelf life:
- Nuts should be stored in sealed containers or bags at room temperature away from direct sunlight.
- Keep the area clean, dry, and free from strong odors that could become embedded in the nuts.
- To prevent spoilage, regularly check on your product and discard any nuts that show signs of spoilage such as foul smells or discoloration.
Customers highly value food freshness, so making sure that your stock is at the top of its freshness game will help ensure customers keep coming back to your store. Follow these tips to help boost the freshness of your products.
Lehi Valley: Your experts on nuts wholesale for convenience store supply
Lehi Valley is here to help you wow your customers with high-quality snack products. In 2021, Lehi Valley sold over 1.5 million bags of nuts and seeds, so we've got some experience on nuts wholesale! We're happy to share our expertise with you at any time. If you'd like to learn more about any of the points in this article, feel free to reach out and ask!
Contact one of our friendly representatives to get started.
Check out all the wholesale nuts and seeds available at Lehi Valley!