Specialty Popcorn for the Holidays
Popcorn is a beloved snack that can be served in many ways. Specialty popcorn is a particularly delightful treat around the holidays. At Lehi Valley, we're proud of our assortment of gourmet popcorns with decadent coatings and nuts mixed in. That said, the holidays are also a great time for handmade gifts. So, today, we're also sharing a fun recipe to make your own gourmet popcorn at home to share with friends and family!
Check out Lehi Valley's full selection of specialty popcorn!
Caramel Cashew Crunch™
Butter Toffee Almond Crunch™
Pecan Cinnamon Roll Crunch™
Macadamia Coconut Crunch™
About the recipe
This is an incredibly easy recipe, meaning you can whip it up in no time for a holiday party. Alternatively, divide it into small bags and it makes a wonderful homemade gift. If you've got kiddos, they'll love helping you add the sprinkles.
At Lehi Valley, we love customizability. When selecting popcorn, you've got no shortage of options. We used kettle corn. You can also use caramel corn for a richly chocolatey-caramel blend. Also, consider popcorn without added flavors for a lightweight alternative. Pop the popcorn yourself at home or purchase a bag of pre-popped popcorn!
You can also pick M&Ms and sprinkles colors to match whichever holiday you're celebrating. We used red and green for Christmas, but you could also use blue and white for Hanukkah or orange and red for autumn. Consider different flavors to add in. Perhaps dark chocolate or peppermint-flavored chocolate? Or maybe you want to swap the M&Ms and pretzels for crushed candy canes and almonds?
Gourmet Holiday Popcorn
- Popcorn, popped
- White Chocolate Bars
- Mini Pretzels (Or regular-sized pretzels, crushed)
- Festive-colored M&Ms
- Festive-colored sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with nonstick parchment paper. Set aside.
- If starting with unpopped kernels, begin by popping your popcorn according to the directions on the package.
- Add popcorn to a bowl with mini pretzels and M&Ms. Adjust ratio to your personal taste.
- Chop white chocolate bars into small chunks and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour half of the chocolate on the popcorn mix and stir.
- Pour the remaining chocolate and stir until evenly mixed. (Keep an eye out for the M&Ms, they sink to the bottom.)
- Add sprinkles and stir a bit more to distribute.
- Spread the mixture out on the parchment paper, using a spatula to spread it out in a think layer. Add some extra sprinkles and M&Ms on top if you like.
- Let sit until the chocolate is solidified. (We placed ours in the freezer for 15 minutes.)
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy