The Complete Guide to Buying Nuts Wholesale
Nuts are a delicious staple in convenience stores and grocery stores alike. Offering a quality nut selection will impress customers and earn brand loyalty. As such, you'll want to find the right manufacturer of nuts wholesale for your business. You'll want to identify a company with the perfect balance of:
- High-quality and fresh nuts
- Competitive pricing
- Diverse variety of trending flavors
- Innovative packaging and merchandizing options
Source: Sincerely Nuts, 2020
Continue reading to learn more about selecting the best product for your store.
First, nuts boast tremendous health benefits including:
- Excellent source of protein and fiber
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
- Help lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol
- Reduce risk of heart disease
Not only are nuts healthy, but they're an important component of any snack set. They come in a wide variety of textures and flavors - almonds, cashews, pistachios, and many, many more. They're versatile within the culinary world. Nuts are often used in baked goods, salads, and other dishes.
1. High-Quality Wholesale Nuts
Not all nuts are created equal. High-quality and fresh product is a must. A quality product will leave an impression on your customers. It will entice them to return to your store in the future.
So, how do you check the quality of a product? Here are some things to look for:
- Made in Small Batches: Roasting in small batches allows for better quality control. This means a more consistent product on your shelves.
- Made to Order: Products made to order are fresher. You can be confident that the product you receive hasn't gone stale sitting on a shelf for a long time.
- Made in House: Look for companies that produce their nuts entirely in-house. A company that doesn't outsource is able to save valuable time in getting fresh product on your shelves.
Always ask your nut manufacturer to send samples. This way, you can confirm the product meets your expectations.
2. Competitive Pricing
Of course, competitive pricing is an important trait to look for in wholesale nuts. Again, this is where in-house production shines. Companies who outsource have to mark-up their prices to make a profit. But, if you buy directly from the manufacturer, no such middle man exists. Thus, you're receiving the most affordable option.
3. Diverse Variety of Exciting Flavors
In 2022, research shows that innovative flavors are the key to enticing customers. Convenience Store News reports that
Thirty-five percent of consumers say that innovative flavors are most likely to influence what they select, more than recommendations (28 percent), brand recognition (21 percent), packaging (9 percent), or sustainability efforts (7 percent). They also aren't afraid to try new things: 40 percent are most excited to find a snack with a flavor they love but have never had in a snack product before.
as well as
Given the choice, consumers are selecting innovative flavor combinations most often (59 percent), including sweet and salty, spicy and sweet and tangy and salty.
When selecting your lineup, include both classic favorites and intriguing new flavors. For example, Lehi Valley offers over 80 varieties of nuts and seeds in savory and sweet flavors such as:
- Chili Lime
- Roasted & Salted
- Hickory Smoked
- Hot & Spicy
- Butter Toffee
- Dill Pickle
- Honey Roast
- Kettle Sweet
- Sriracha Kettle Sweet
- Ginger Citrus
- Vanilla Cranberry
- Cocoa Roasted
- And more!
4. Innovative Packaging and Merchandizing Options
Your store is unique and your packaging and merchandizing should reflect that.
How do you merchandize nuts in your store? On pegs? On a shelf? On a miniature train that runs on a track around your store? Seek out a supplier with flexible packaging options to meet your needs. There is a wide variety of options available to consider. For example:
- Zipper reclosable bags - Great for keeping snacks fresh; can sit on a shelf or hang from a peg.
- Peg Bags for Hanging - Uniform sizing makes it easy and quick to build a set and swap out products.
- Reclosable tubs - Offers greatest product visibility and looks neat and clean. Can be merchandized on a shelf or rack.
- Four-compartment tray - Offers tried and true snack pairings that are a hit at gatherings
- Bulk - Environmentally-friendly and allows customers to buy exactly how much they need.
Private Label Program
Your brand identity is your single most important asset as a business. Offering a private label program strengthens brand loyalty with your customers. When selecting your supplier, be sure to inquire about their private label program.
Lehi Valley: Your experts on nuts wholesale for convenience store supply
Lehi Valley is here to help you wow your customers with high-quality snack products. In 2021, Lehi Valley sold over 1.5 million bagsof nuts and seeds, so we've got some experience on nuts wholesale! We're happy to share our expertise with you at any time. If you'd like to learn more about any of the points in this article, feel free to reach out and ask!
Check out all the wholesale nuts and seeds available at Lehi Valley!